Ever wondered how to get your navy blue canvas shoes back to their original state without fading the colour? In addition to our black and white variants, Plush now offers Takkie Navy (R31.59, 75ml) – a canvas shoe cleaner that restores colour while getting rid of the dirt.
Revitalise your navy sneakers or high tops in just four easy steps. Here’s how:
You will need:
- Dirty navy blue canvas shoes.
- A nylon bristle shoe brush.
- A bottle of Takkie Navy.
- Brush shoes with your nylon brush to remove dust and hardened dirt.
- Shake your bottle of Takkie Navy for best results.
- Press the applicator down on your shoe surface until liquid is visible on the sponge and spread evenly over your entire shoe.
- Allow your restored navy blue canvas shoes to dry, preferably out of direct sunlight.
Did You Know: Takkie Trivia
Here are a few extra canvas shoe care tips to keep in mind:
- DO remove the laces before cleaning your takkies – clean shoes with dirty laces are an eyesore.
- DO ensure that your feet are clean before wearing takkies – this will slow down deterioration and stop bad odours.
- DON’T put canvas shoes in the tumble dryer after washing, as this could cause them to shrink.
- DON’T remove your takkies with your feet – use your hands instead.