Soccer is a sport loved by many. Whether you play competitively or just for fun, it’s important that you ensure that your soccer boots are well cared for. With Plush, you don’t have to be a soccer expert to care for your boots like one – there’s a range of shoe care products to help you keep your soccer shoes in peak condition on and off the field.
With high quality products to nourish and protect, your soccer boots will be ready for any match. Here are a few do’s and don’ts for taking care of soccer boots:
- Dirt can bring moisture out of leather and damage them. Extend the life of your shoes by cleaning them after every match or training session with a soft cloth and Plush Leather Cleaner. The specially formulated foam cleans, polishes and nourishes leather and synthetic leather.
- Place newspaper inside shoes to soak up moisture if rain soaked the field or it rained during training or a match. Replace damaged insoles with a pair of Plush Super Latex insoles with anti-bacterial treatment to fight odour.
- Massage Plush Dubbin into leather soccer shoes and allow the dubbin to soak into the leather. Finish the process off by buffing shoes with a Plush buffer or dry cloth.
- Avoid placing your boots in front of heaters or dryers as this can cause leather to crack.
- Wearing your shoes on cement or hard surfaces will wear down your cleats.
- A simple and good tip for taking care of all shoes – do not remove shoes by stepping on the back of the heel. This will cause damage and can affect the fit of the shoe.
- Do not leave your shoes in your bag after a match or training session – shoes need to be aired out.