Whether an antique, handed down from generation to generation, or newly purchased – wooden furniture and wooden items remain a fixture in almost every household. Wood lends a certain earthiness and warmth to a home and is suited to almost every decor style.
Restore and renew your valued wooden items with Plush Wooden Furniture Oil (R21.99) and Plush Wooden Furniture Cream (R21.99) – two must-haves when caring for wooden furniture. The oil nourishes and protects interior and exterior light and dark wood, while the cream adds a deep shine and gloss.
Take note of these tips for cleaning and caring for wood:
- When dusting, always use a soft cloth and always dust BEFORE polishing.
- Wipe, polish or clean in the direction of the grain.
- Avoid continuous and direct sunlight exposure to indoor furniture – prolonged exposure can cause fading.
- Spills are inevitable, so when they do happen make sure to wipe the area immediately.
- Use coasters and make them a set feature on wooden tables to protect against marks forming from warm or cold items placed on the surface.
- Though convenient, find a different spot to place handbags and items that can cause damage and scratches on wood.
- When in doubt, always test a product on a small, inconspicuous area to ensure suitability.