TIP OF THE MONTH – HARDWOOD VS LAMINATE WOOD
Two Worlds Apart: Hardwood vs Laminate Wood
How they differ and how to take care of them with Plush Supreme!
One of the most sought-after amenities in a home is good hardwood or laminate wooden flooring! It’s natural appearance and warmth underfoot makes it both beautiful and timeless.
From minor accidents, to excessive wear and tear, flooring is one component of your home that has to be maintained regularly and repaired at some point. No matter your preference, there are pros and cons and specific cleaning methods when it comes to hardwood versus laminate wooden flooring. Review these pros and cons of both and be realistic about your lifestyle.
A durable surface will make maintenance easier and will look great for years to come! Pets, young kids, high ‘foot traffic’, budget constraints, roof leakages and heavy sunlight are some of the many the factors to take into account when deciding on the best option. Real hardwood requires a different cleaning method to laminate wooden flooring and Plush Supreme has got two suitable products to clean and preserve both according to their unique requirements.
How to care for your different types of flooring with Plush Supreme:
Real / Hardwood flooring:
Real hardwood floors add a touch of warmth and richness to your home. However, it is important to maintain and clean them with the CORRECT use of products. Plush Supreme’s Liquid Wooden Floor Polish cleans, moisturises and protects all real/ hardwood floors in one easy step. This is suitable only for real/ hardwood floors, hence real wood’s need for moisture. (Do not use on laminate wood, as sealed wood is unable to absorb all the moisture from the polish)
- ALWAYS test this product first on a small inconspicuous area and use SPARINGLY to avoid slip, swell or warp.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor area well.
- Shake bottle well and apply directly onto wooden floor.
- Using a soft cloth or electronic polisher, buff the area in a circular motion. Do not rinse!
- Polish floors every 2-3 months, depending on the amount of ‘foot traffic’ in your house.
- Also read: https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Hardwood-Floors
Laminate wooden flooring:
Laminate wooden floors are a versatile, budget friendly option to consider for your home’s interior. Plush Supreme’s Wood & Laminate Floor Cleaner is the ideal product to use on laminate wooden floors and will clean, shine and protect all laminate and sealed wooden floors in ONE easy step. It differs from the creamy Liquid Wooden Floor Polish and is a clear liquid which does not leave a dulling residue across the floors. Do not use the Liquid Wooden Floor Polish on laminate wooden floors!
- ALWAYS test this product first on a small inconspicuous area.
- Wipe or sweep dust particles from the floor’s surface, using a broom
- Simply spray directly onto the floor and wipe with a mop or cotton cloth.
- No need to dilute in a bucket or to rinse off.
Extra tips to care for your hardwood or laminate wooden floors:
- Clean spills immediately, using a sponge or soft cloth.
- Allow furniture to rest on small metal or cotton tips to protect the surface.
- Try to protect your floor from direct sunlight.
- Keep your pet’s paws trimmed and clipped to avoid scratching on your floors.
- Do not walk across your floor with shoes that are poorly maintained or sharp high heels.
- Avoid moving or dragging heavy objects across floors.